Should the Pope be STRICTLY the spiritual leader and have a sort of City Manager run the other things. Then again, they could break into political parties with a Prime Minister. Can you imagine that, though? Your holiness, I humbly apologize, but I cannot form a government.
Food for thought.
- Papal conclave: Sistine Chapel beckons as cardinals prepare to elect successor to Pope Benedict (belfasttelegraph.co.uk)
- Adopt a cardinal or place your bets for papal conclave (loupdargent.info)
- Black Smoke Shows No Pope Chosen (huffingtonpost.com)
- Gayest Conclave in History (lezgetreal.com)
- Cartoon: The Conclave Begins (englishblog.com)
- Cardinal DiNardo makes history as conclave begins (khou.com)