The book is well written, easy to read and educational for all Americans. Mr. Robinson explained there are really four black Americas now. The African-American middle class, biracial, such as our President of the United States, Barack Obama, immigrants from Africa and the Caribbean, and what he calls the Abandoned, the poorest of African-Americans.
His tone is upbeat, that things for the most part are getting better. Of course what he calls the Abandoned are not just black. There are lots of poor whites out there who probably aren’t seen as readily.
It was a different take from the decades where all black Americans had to be united against common issues. Again, worth reading for all Americans.
- Eugene Robinson: A new America delivers its verdict – The Washington Post (plantsmantx.newsvine.com)
- Eugene Robinson: Which Romney will show up to the debate? – The Washington Post (coffeemuses.com)
- Eugene Robinson: Republicans don’t heed lessons of the election – The Washington Post (mbcalyn.com)
- Eugene Robinson: Election is about what kind of country we want America to be (sacbee.com)
- Eugene Robinson: Presidential polls and conspiracy theories (stltoday.com)
- Eugene Robinson: Republicans deluded by ‘skewed’ polls – The Washington Post (tribuneofthepeople.com)
- Eugene Robinson: Romney’s class warfare (stltoday.com)
- Eugene Robinson: Romney would pass the buck on disasters – The Washington Post (mbcalyn.com)