Zambezi River and Victoria Falls. Michael Palin in Pole to Pole went bungee jumping on the bridge between Zambia and Zimbabwe. (The world’s most glamorous and brilliant economist in my book, Dambisa Moyo is from Zambia).
We got tired of Ancient Aliens and turned on PBS. Actor F. Murray Abraham is narrating this film about the Zambezi and Victoria Falls. The thing I am enjoying most about the show is another man speaking. A fisherman on the river called Mr. White. He speaks in the voice of a poet. He sounds like a deeper voiced version of my African buddies at work, Anastase and Twaje. (I am learning to be able to tell if someone is a speaker of a Bantu language. Having been in South Africa helps as well).
Very beautiful place. Have to decide if it is under the Samuel Johnson definition of Going to see, but WORTH going to see?
- The Victoria Falls: Livingstone, Zambia (d-travelblog.com)
- Victoria Falls – Natural Wonder or Just Some Noisy Water? (landlopers.com)
- World’s best places to skydive and bungee jump (telegraph.co.uk)
- Travel 101 … Victoria Falls (todayonline.com)
- Victoria Falls – the Beast is Beautiful (zimbabwesights.wordpress.com)
- Are You Courageous Enough to Brave the Fall(27 pics) (amazfacts.com)