Negativity attracts negativity and positive positive. I hadn’t thought about this much, until I started thinking philosophically. (When you reach your fifties, you tend to do that).
I’ve read that repeatedly about negative people and positive people. It turns out, if you radiate something, it is. I learned that the hard way.
I no longer remember what brought this up, but it reminded me of something that happened in 1978. I was taking a bus to a job interview. I lit the cigarette of a young lady riding the bus with me. She sat next to me. I was feeling a lot of negativity at the time and she was one of the most negative people I ever met.
If you are down in the dumps, you will attract that. If you push on and show a positive attitude, it will come back to you.
Finally, on a selfish level, isn’t positive more fun?
- You GET what you GIVE (takeyourheart.com)
- What are you thinking? (imconfident.wordpress.com)
- 5 Things You Already Knew about Happiness (a Rant) (davidyerle.com)
- Throw Negative Thoughts Away in 2013 (psychologicalscience.org)
- Needed: More Positive Thinking? (nanaimocityhall.com)
- Wonderful, Beautiful, and Loved (michelewhitney.wordpress.com)