Of the five years of the festival, this was my favorite year. Our dinner Friday night had about fifty people and we had fun just chatting.
I had fun moderating the erotic romance workshop. Most of the audience were readers and looking to be educated. Then I was on a panel on Social Media and writing with Jim Azevedo from Smashwords (he spoke at the November meeting of Saguaro Romance Writers check out our Facebook page as well) and Kristin Lamb, the queen of Social Media and Writing. Jim had his slides, Kristin her energy, I am still trying to figure out why I was there. Oh yes, how soon I forget. How I work with social media.
The second workshop was called Do You Know Your Romance Writers. I shared that panel with Lance Rosenthal and my fellow chapter member Ed Hoogenart. There, I said it, Male Romance Writers! I am working on the workshop now.
Sixteen of us had dinner at Claim Jumper Saturday night. All and all lots of fun, tiring, at the end you are like Cinderella and the carriage went back to being a pumpkin.
See you next year!
- Finally! Tucson Book Festival (throughartificialeyes.com)
- Tucson Festival of Books Saturday March 9, 2013. Social Media and Promotion for Writers. (iamanauthorimustauth.wordpress.com)
- Rain or shine, a man with a plan for the Tucson Festival of Books (mscotskinner.com)
- Rain or shine, plans for Tucson Festival of Books stay firm (azstarnet.com)
- Tucson book festival author inspired by grandkids (azstarnet.com)