The original Guardian article almost speaks for itself. His premise is Apartheid in South Africa fell, partly, because because of sports boycotts. The Afrikaners according to Banks, were very sports oriented and sportsmen resented not being able to participate in International events.
Banks says Israelis are not heavily into sports, but culture of all types so boycott the culture. OK, that is their right in Democratic societies. Is there a danger of substituting Israeli for Jew? Just asking.
- Novelist Iain Banks backs cultural boycott of Israel (antonyloewenstein.com)
- Iain Banks: On Why He is Boycotting Israel (zwingliusredivivus.wordpress.com)
- Teachers boycott Israeli academics (morningstaronline.co.uk)
- Boycotting Israel is the “way to go,” says Pink Floyd legend Roger Waters (dailypaul.com)
- Boycotting Israel Galloway-style (deliberation.info)
- Boycotting Israel Galloway-Style (salem-news.com)