I had breakfast with a friend and I want to bounce this off my friends.
We may be also importing more of our food. This is bad for our jobs, eating and national security. Isn’t cutting off food a threat?
Solution: Government and Private Industry working together to build Desalination plants on both coasts, to bring water in and ways of draining high rainfall areas. Farmers get water, flood waters get drained off, drought areas get water they need.
If we had real leadership in Washington, government would work with private industry, doesn’t have to be government run, just provide some leadership.
- Southern Water sets out drought-combating strategy for next 25 years (harveywatersofteners.co.uk)
- New Cyprus water desalination plant to be inaugurated (famagusta-gazette.com)
- Marin desalination plant edges closer to construction (sfgate.com)
- Amazing Israel Makes Drought A Thing Of The Past (joshuapundit.blogspot.com)
- Experts urge Caribbean nations to prepare for climate change or risk fresh water scarcity (globalnews.ca)