Ah, you can make jokes about Saudi Arabia being safer, because there are no women drivers. The Naughty Philosopher posts in me, think of the sexy lady driving the sexy car.
In all seriousness, in Saudi Arabia, these women were breaking the law. I don’t know what the punishment is, but these women live in a Puritanical Islamic nation, the center of Islam, where you have to admire their courage.
I didn’t know until this report that most Saudi University graduates are women and Saudi Arabia has the highest rate of watching YouTube in the world.
- ‘No woman, no drive’ mocks Saudi Arabia (timesofisrael.com)
- Women in Saudi Arabia protest driving ban by driving (whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.com)
- Saudi Women Defy Driving Ban by Getting Behind the Wheel (newsy.com)
- REPORTER’S NOTEBOOK: Saudi women stand up for the right to drive (foxnews.com)
- ‘No Woman, No Drive’: Saudi Arabian music video spoofs ban on female drivers (washingtonpost.com)
- Trending: No Woman, No Drive (bbc.co.uk)
- Saudi Arabian women vow to keep up campaign against driving ban (theguardian.com)
- Saudi Women Wary After Defying Driving Ban – Wall Street Journal (stream.wsj.com)
- Saudi women’s driving protest kicks off with video (newsinfo.inquirer.net)